Introduction – A programming infrastructure created by Microsoft for building, deploying, and running applications and services that use .NET technologies, such as desktop applications and Web services.
The .NET Framework contains three major parts:
- The Common Language Run time
- The Framework Class Library
This edition retains the step by step building of the Planet Wrox website example, an online community site featuring product reviews, picture sharing, bonus content for registered users, and more. In building this site readers learn: • How to build basic ASP.NET web pages and configure their server • Adding features with pre-built server controls • Designing pages and making them consistent • Getting user input and displaying data • Securing and personalizing your site
Updated for ASP.NET 4.5
Author Imar Spaanjaars earned Microsoft ASP.NET MVP recognition for the first time in large part due to writing Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 (ISBN: 978-0-470-18759-3) and his more than 9,000 answers for readers in the Wrox p2p.wrox.com discussion forums.
ASP.NET 4.5 Black Book is the one-time reference book, written from the programmer’s point of view, containing hundreds of examples and covering nearly every aspect of ASP.NET 4.5 in both VB and C#. It will help you to master the entire spectrum of ASP.NET- from features of ASP.NET 4.5 to securing ASP.NET 4.5 pages, from standard and advance controls to CSS Style manager, from Web services to WCF services, from Web Parts Framework to AJAX, from XML to LINQ, from Silverlight to WPF, from COM + to RSS and Atom feed, and from IIS to CardSpace.
- Script Localization
- WCF Services
- MVC Framework
- Features and Controls of ASP.NET 4.5
The ASP.NET MVC 5 Framework is the latest evolution of Microsoft’s ASP.NET web platform. It provides a high-productivity programming model that promotes cleaner code architecture, test-driven development, and powerful extensibility, combined with all the benefits of ASP.NET.
ASP.NET MVC 5 contains a number of advances over previous versions, including the ability to define routes using C# attributes and the ability to override filters. The user experience of building MVC applications has also been substantially improved. The new, more tightly integrated, Visual Studio 2013 IDE has been created specifically with MVC application development in mind and provides a full suite of tools to improve development times and assist in reporting, debugging and deploying your code.
MVC 5 is the newest update to the popular Microsoft technology that enables you to build dynamic, data-driven websites. Like previous versions, this guide shows you step-by-step techniques on using MVC to best advantage, with plenty of practical tutorials to illustrate the concepts. It covers controllers, views, and models; forms and HTML helpers; data annotation and validation; membership, authorization, and security.
- MVC 5, the latest version of MVC, adds sophisticated features such as single page applications, mobile optimization, and adaptive rendering
- A team of top Microsoft MVP experts, along with visionaries in the field, provide practical advice on basic and advanced MVC topics.
- Covers controllers, views, models, forms, data annotations, authorization and security, Ajax, routing, ASP.NET web API, dependency injection, unit testing, real-world application, and much more..
- Professional ASP.NET MVC 5 is the comprehensive resource you need to make the best use of the updated Model-View-Controller technology.
This is the one-time reference book, written from the programmer’s point of view, containing hundreds of examples and covering nearly every aspect of various Web technologies, such as PHP, HTML, XML, AJAX, ASP.NET, Servlets, and JSP. It will help you to master the entire spectrum of Web Technologies by exploring and implementing various concepts of each Web technology.
- Work with JavaBeans
- Work with Servlets, JSP, and JDBC to create Web applications in Java
- Develop a Web Application using ASP.NET
- Work with application state, standard controls in Web Forms, navigation controls, validation controls, Web parts controls, database controls, login controls, master pages, and themes in ASP.NET
Professional ASP.NET Design Patterns : Professional ASP.NET Design Patterns is all about showing you how to use the power of design patterns and core design principles in real ASP.NET applications. The goal of this book is to educate developers on the fundamentals of object oriented programming, design patterns, principles, and methodologies that can help you become a better programmer. Design patterns and principles enable loosely coupled and highly cohesive code, which will improve your code’s readability, flexibility, and maintenance. Each chapter addresses a layer in an enterprise ASP.NET application and shows how proven patterns, principles, and best practices can be leveraged to solve problems and improve the design of your code. In addition, a professional-level, end-to-end case study is used to show how to use best practice design patterns and principles in a real website.
ASP.NET MVC 5 – Building a Website with Visual Studio 2015 and C Sharp: The Tactical Guidebook : This book is primarily aimed at developers who have some prior experience with MVC 5 and are proficient in C#, since the language won’t be explained in any detail. Even if you already have created a couple of MVC projects, you might find the content in this book useful as a refresher. You might have worked in previous versions of Visual Studio and MVC and want a fast no-fluff way to get up to speed with MVC 5.
• C# (you need to be proficient)
• MVC 5 (you need some prior experience)
• HTML5/CSS3 (you need basic knowledge)
• Create a “real world” code-first database using Entity Framework.
• Add and modify models, views and controllers to perform CRUD operations against the database.
• Use client-side and server-side validation.
• Secure the controllers, actions and view content with authorization and roles.
• Implement security with ASP.NET Identity (authentication, authorization and roles).
• Style the user interfaces using CSS3 and Bootstrap.
• Create a responsive website.
• Implement product subscription scenarios with registration codes.
• Create an alternate way to login to the application.
• Implement password reset functionality.
• Register users with the site.
• Manage users and their subscriptions.
Technologies, frameworks and languages:
• C# (you need to be proficient)
• HTML5/CSS3 (you need basic knowledge)
• MVC 5 (you will create/modify models, views and controllers)
• Razor syntax (to include server-side code in views)
• Bootstrap (used for styling and to create a responsive design)
• Ajax (used for asynchronous server calls)
• LINQ (to query the database)
• Extension methods (to clean up your C# code and enable re-use)
• HTML Helper methods (to clean up your HTML and enable re-use)
• Use settings from the web.config file
Exam Ref 70-486 – Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications : Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-486—and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of developing ASP.NET MVC-based solutions. Designed for experienced developers ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the Microsoft Specialist level.
Focus on the expertise measured by these objectives:
- Design the application architecture
- Design the user experience
- Develop the user experience
- Troubleshoot and debug web applications
- Design and implement security
- This Microsoft Exam Ref:
Organizes its coverage by exam objectives.
Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge you.
Includes a 15% exam discount from Microsoft. (Limited time offer)
The 201 on Building Web API with ASP.NET Core MVC: Book 1: Application Core : This Kindle book, “The 201 on Building Web API with ASP.NET Core MVC – Book 1: Application Core”, is a sub-set of the paperback book “The 201 on Building Web API with ASP.NET Core MVC”. This e-book is a collection of core application related topics selected from the paperback book. By the term application core, I mean the basic MVC concepts such as action selection, model binding, serialization, etc. that are fundamental to a web API application. This book is an intermediate-level guide on using ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET Core MVC’s extensibility points to solve problems, as you build a web API using ASP.NET Core MVC. In a sense, this is a book of corner cases, mostly. ASP.NET Core MVC is a powerful framework and out of box, it gets you far. But there are scenarios where you will want to go even farther to get things done. If you are one of those who has gone through the framework 101 and has a need to see farther, this book is for you.
Author Jamie Munro introduces these and other related technologies by having you work with sophisticated web forms. At the end of the book, experienced and aspiring web developers alike will learn how to build a complete shopping cart that demonstrates how these technologies interact with each other in a sleek, dynamic, and responsive web application.
- Build well-organized, easy-to-maintain web applications by letting ASP.NET MVC 5, Bootstrap, and Knockout.js do the heavy lifting.
- Use ASP.NET MVC 5 to build server-side web applications, interact with a database, and dynamically render HTML.
- Create responsive views with Bootstrap that render on a variety of modern devices; you may never code with CSS again.
- Add Knockout.js to enhance responsive web design with snappy client-side interactions driven by your server-side web application
AngularJS: Up and Running: Enhanced Productivity with Structured Web Apps : If you want to get started with AngularJS, either as a side project, an additional tool, or for your main work, this practical guide teaches you how to use this meta-framework step-by-step, from the basics to advanced concepts. By the end of the book, you’ll understand how to develop a large, maintainable, and performant application with AngularJS.
Guided by two engineers who worked on AngularJS at Google, you’ll learn the components needed to build data-driven applications, using declarative programming and the Model–view–controller pattern. You’ll also learn how to conduct unit tests on each part of your application.
- Learn how to use controllers for moving data to and from views
- Understand when to use AngularJS services instead of controllers
- Communicate with the server to store, fetch, and update data asynchronously
- Know when to use AngularJS filters for converting data and values to different formats.
- Implement single-page applications, using ngRoute to select views and navigation.
- Dive into basic and advanced directives for creating reusable components.
- Write an end-to-end test on a live version of your entire application.
- Use best practices, guidelines, and tools throughout the development cycle
MVC for Beginners: A simple guide with analogy that would make you understand for lifetime : Introduction of MVC has bewildered many programmers in the beginning and even after working on it, as on to what it is actually. Some blindly follow the way it has to be done. Few says separation of concerns and others have learned the definition of it in order to say or explain when others ask.
This book will make the readers understand the core of MVC, which anyone can relate it and make others also understand easily.
The book shows the examples with respect to .NET, so the readers should have a sound knowledge on the same.
Windows Communication Foundation is the .NET technology that is used to build service-oriented applications, exchange messages in various communication scenarios, and run workflows. This guide enables developers to create state-of-the-art applications using this technology.
Written by a team of Microsoft MVPs and WCF experts, this book explains how the pieces of WCF 4.0 build on each other to provide a comprehensive framework to support distributed enterprise applications. Experienced developers will learn both theory and practical application using the familiar Wrox approach.
.NET developers will learn to design services, create a hosting environment with Dublin, build cloud-based integrations, and much more.
- Design Principles and Patterns
- Service Contracts and Data Contracts
- Workflow Services
- Understanding WCF Security
- WCF Security in Action
- Federated Authentication in WCF
- Windows Azure Platform AppFabric
- Creating a SOA Case
- Creating the Communication and Integration Case
- Creating the Business Process
Learning WCF: A Hands-on Guide : This easy-to-use introduction to Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is ideal for developers who want to learn to build services on a company network or as part of an enterprise system. Built into Windows Vista and Longhorn, and available for Windows XP and Windows 2003, WCF provides a platform for service-oriented architecture (SOA) that enables secure and reliable communication among systems within an organization or across the Internet. With WCF, software developers can focus on their business applications and not the plumbing required to connect them. Furthermore, with WCF developers can learn a single programming API to achieve results previously provided by ASMX, Enterprise Services and .NET Remoting. Learning WCF removes the complexity of using this platform by providing detailed answers, explanations and code samples for the most common questions asked by software developers.
Windows Communication Foundation (or WCF, formerly code name “Indigo”) provides a set of programming APIs that make it easy to build and consume secure, reliable, and transacted services. This platform removes the need for developers to learn different technologies such as ASMX, Enterprise Services and .NET Remoting, to distribute system functionality on a corporate network or over the Internet. The first truly service-oriented platform, WCF provides innovations that decouple service design and development from deployment and distribution – creating a more flexible and agile environment. WCF also encapsulates all of the latest web service standards for addressing, security, reliability and more.
WCF Interview Question & Answers : This book is a collection of WCF interview questions & answers. Book has point to point answers of mostly asked questions in interviews.
ASP.Net MVC Interview Questions & Answers : ASP.Net MVC Interview Questions & Answers is a collection of all latest and most frequently asked interview questions with their detailed and precise answers.
This book is an indispensable resource for a Microsoft .Net developer. It will serve as a useful resource to anyone who faces interviews in MVC.
.NET Interviews Questions : Highly recommended for beginners, students, and professionals, this book covers the unknown or hidden areas of .NET implementation, starting from the basic to the advanced level-from .NET Framework to OOPS to remoting to web services, i.e. VB.NET, C#.NET, and ASP.NET; from ADO.NET to XML, XSL, and XSLT; from Remoting, which forms the basis for advanced BizTalk, to SharePoint; from smart devices to Web Services and .NET Framework 3.0 that discusses WPF, WF, WCF, and WCS foundations, and much more.
Conclusion : Above recommended book is .NET,ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WCF. I have recommended some Interview Questions and answer book which will help you to crack the interviews.
Tabale of Content :